Given the power of the blogosphere, especially the blogging left, the right is trying to minimize, control and maybe even destroy blogging. But reading the blogs you can get not only a fuller, fleshed out picture of the President's "conversation" with the troops, and analysis, but also a full understanding of how the MSM has failed. This is true of many topics about the White House and the political party that currently holds power.
What bloggers give to the nation is this depth, differing points of view, feet to the fire reporting and analysis. This is what has long been lacking in this nations MSM, and why many only go to the blogophere for news now.
Here's a sampling:
- Media Citizen; Media No Longer Taking Flak?
- Crooks and Liars; Teleconference Hackery, Photo-Op Exposed, The President's Videoconference, Olbermann: Troops Photo-Op, and NBCs Nightly News: Pans Bush's Troop Photo-Op
- AmericaBlog; Troops Photo Op: Bush is a complete phony, SoldierGate grows, and NPR audio proves Bush's visit with the troops was a pre-scripted fake
- Atrios; Catapult the Propaganda , Hahahaha, and Incompetent
- Blue Gal in a Red State; All the World's a Stage and Everything I do is "Staged"
- Daily Kos: Soldier in Staged Conference Is a Flack
- Greyblog; Photo-OPs UPDATED
- Pre$$titutes: MSNBC's 'Question Of The Day' - Another Joke
- Talk Left: Bush Follows Script With Soldiers
- Think Progress; Video: Pentagon Aide Admits Having “Drilled Through” Questions For Photo-Op , Behind the Scenes of Operation Photo-Op, and A New Low For Operation Photo-Op
UPDATED TO ADD: The Moderate Voice Bush "Staged" Event Still Mired In Controversy, Staged Bush Military Photo Op Caught By Reporters: The Nose Grows?, The President's Teleconference Talk With Military From One Who Was There
O’Reilly Said He Had Trouble Booking Blog Segment, Actually Turned Guests Away
O’Reilly Deceives Guest Into Appearing on Blog Bashing Segment
Play or Pay
Chickens come home to roost... again... & again... & again