Friday, May 19, 2006

That's IT! The Repugs have forced me . . .


Okay, that's it!
I've been pissed off for so very long.

I've already said in many places that I agree with Randi Rhodes, that the Republican party and those who are benefiting the most from this administration are the robber barons of the 21st century. (Hey, how's that $9.00 tax cut working for you, or how about that people earning $40,000 pay no taxes. You who earn $40,000 how are those no taxes your not paying.).

From mining accidents, to the undermining of OSHA, HUD, workman's comp, and all the rest, and e the gap between rich and poor get larger and the middle class is under assault -- this was probably the last straw.

Today Unionfacts.com began playing it's commercials on televisions across the country. Guess newspaper advertisement weren't enough.

Unionfacts.com should actually be called unionfiction.com. The website is owned by Rick Berman, "a right-wing lobbyist who has built a lucrative career establishing industry-funded front groups" (Center for Media and Democracy)

This administration rewards greed, and removes protections for American workers and their safety (recent mining accidents being one example). The idea that tax cuts to the rich insure a stimulation of the economy is bogus.

There is no guarantee that those, who are at the apex of the economic pyramid, and who receive the biggest tax breaks, will invest in this country. And they actually aren't. They are investing in China and India and exporting our jobs. Allowing them to get richer

Larger tax breaks to the poorer base of the economic pyramid are more likely to stay in country. Unless it is sent out of the country to support a family left in a developing country, middle class and lower class people are most likely to spend money in country, thus creating more demand. They are also more likely to have in country savings accounts. How many off shore, tax evading, bank accounts do the poor and middle class have?

Now I was raised in a rather anti-union house growing up, but it has become increasingly clear that this administration has no problem rolling over the middle and lower class, and removing protections for Regular Joes. So I need to have a group in my corner, and that would be a union (I’ve also donated to PACS, etc.).

So today I joined 2 unions!

I probably wouldn’t have remembered or have been angry enough to stop what I was doing and join. But I did. And I encourage you to do it to, even if it’s just as an associate.

No comments: