Friday, September 09, 2005

Analogy Lesson

In some of my wilder moments, I have let the thought cross my mind that the ineffectiveness of DHS and FEMA was/is part of wider plot by Republicans/conservatives to make government responsiveness so ineffectual that the general public would clamour for offices/departments to be shut. I mean it was no surprise to me to hear that conservative youth taking part in the government leadership training programs believe that it is part of their mission to shut down the Department of Education. I heard this from conservatives some 10 years ago.

So it was interesting to come across this cartoon in Slate
http://cartoonbox.slate.com/nickanderson/2005/09/08/

If true, here is a possible analogy question:
Brown is to FEMA, as Watts was to __________

(answer: EPA)

No comments: