Thursday, September 29, 2005

Bush proves Weekly World News correct!

Yesterday I received email from my sister "Working With Idiots Can Kill You." Then to prove her point she forgot to include the attachment, a scanned jpg of the story. ;-)

She resent everything with the attachment today.

The story says in part:

Stress is one of the top causes of heart attacks -- and working with stupid people on a daily basis is one of the deadliest forms of stress, according to researchers at Sweden's Lindbergh University Medical Center.
read

It goes on to give some anecdotal evidence, and is really quite a humorous story.

( The story originated from the Weekly World News, to be fair to my sister the scan she sent me did not include any indications where it was from. I'm not sure if she knew. She also turned 40 this month and your brain turns to mush when that happens.*)

So intrigued, I went searching for the story and where it came from. Just under the google listing for the Weekly World News Story is the Snopes/Urban Legend rebuttal.

Darn! I thought of all those poor people who would be denied medical reasons for missing work, getting workman's comp or taking early retirement for medical reasons.

But then I thought about our President, and the myriad of stupid decisions he's been making (hey even conservative are now wondering about him). So I just had to ask, does Bush actually prove the Weekly World News correct?

* I turned 43 this month so I can say this. I am sending a link to this post to my sister, so I will not have said anything behind her back -- lol, "Hi, sister dear!" -- I love her greatly, even though she did vote or Bush in the last election. My parents, who I don't think have ever voted for a Republican, can't figure out where they went wrong!

While waiting for her response I'm going to incase my computer in some type of inflammable material and go get the fire extinguisher.

(Just a little ribbing between sisters.)

No comments: