Sunday, April 15, 2007

My dream, my nightmare

Last night I had a dream. Oh, it wasn’t the type of dream Martin Luther King had. My dream wasn’t uplifting, it was anything but.

In my dream, no nightmare, the Dominionists (Christian Reconstructionists) had taken over this country. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights meant nothing any more.

Everyone in the US was Christian, either sincerely or by public adoption (thereby keeping their own lives) but lacking in a sincere conversion. There was no joy in the world, except for those who truly believed, those with questions or rejections either pasted a smile on their face and lived with the oppression, or doomed themselves by speaking out.

Homosexuality, non evangelical Christian sects, Catholics, all non-Christians (including Jews), dissent, idolatry and blasphemous behavior had been driven under ground. Those caught were executed.

In the dream I was banished once more to the home, property of my husband. Disallowed public discourse or to even to voice my own views because I was to speak only what my husband wished. I spoke for him and he was preeminent. I couldn’t even vote, women having lost the franchise.

My kids went to “public schools” but they were Christian Reconstructionist in scope and they learned only approved “science” and a revisionist history of the world. The only universities they could attend were Regents, Patrick Henry College, Liberty University, Pensacola Christian College (publishers of A-Beka school and homeschool material), Bob Jones University and any state university that the Dominion would approve as having the appropriate text and teachers of like mind.

Even the fields that they would go into had to have the hand of “Christian Reconstructionism” for approval. There was no escaping it for the Dominion had taken over every secular institution and non-complaint church and either changed it or closed it.

And in my dream a small group of us who could take it no more met in the middle of the snowy woods, speaking in a low voice we wondered when we lost “our” country. Someone said, just before we heard the snowmobiles coming toward us and the order to “RUN!” , that it was when Bush shredded the constitution and 150 Regent graduates had begun to remake the government as the Dominionists paln for control said they would, but no one listened. No one listened and no one looked to see how many more graduates of these universities were “in” government offices.

I woke up just as one snowmobile closed in on me as I ran to escape what would be my execution.

****


Now in my waking it is raining and I cannot loose the feeling of absolute oppression, in MY country no less. And I wonder why no one has really made the connection between the 150 Regent graduate DOJ employees and the Dominionists aims, plans, practices and goals.

****


Its most common form, Dominionism, represents one of the most extreme forms of Fundamentalist Christianity thought. Its followers, called Dominionists, are attempting to peacefully convert the laws of United States so that they match those of the Hebrew Scriptures. They intend to achieve this by using the freedom of religion in the US to train a generation of children in private Christian religious schools. Later, their graduates will be charged with the responsibility of creating a new Bible-based political, religious and social order. from Relious Tolerance . org


From Mainstream Baptist, a blog by Dr. Bruce Prescott

Monday, March 19, 2007
A Reconstructionist Takeover Video


In February 1990 I received an unsolicited video in the mail. The video came from a Dr. Stephen Hotze and was entitled "Restoring America: How You Can Impact Civil Government." Filmed at a church in my neighborhood, I recognized the actors as the pastor and congregants of an Independent Fundamental Baptist church (the Jerry Falwell kind). The video was a guide on how to 1) take over a Republican Party precinct meeting, 2) elect "Christian" delegates to the GOP District meeting, and 3) put planks supporting the theocratic agenda of Christian Reconstructionism into the party platform. . . .

. . . Along with his video tape, Hotze sent a written agenda and instructions for how to conduct a precinct meeting. He also suggested resolutions for the party's platform. Today, nearly all the planks that Hotze suggested can be found in the current platform of the Texas Republican Party.

Meanwhile, most of the country club Republicans who provide the funds for this theocratic juggernaut still seem to be sipping their cocktails in ignorant bliss.

Dominionists are patient revolutionaries. They work through the system to gain control. Then they work from within the system to change the system. The changes they are making are incremental. They have little respect for democracy and none for pluralism. They mean business and they already hold many of the mechanisms of power around the country.

It is long past time for Americans who love democracy to acknowledge what is at stake and start facing the challenge that these patient theocratic revolutionaries represent. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And they couldn't have doneit without the betrayal of the Democrats. Like an abused child who clings to a neglectful parent desperate for attention, my friends cling to the Democrats; welcome to the nightmare you're creating, and I'm sorry and angry that you're creating it for me and my children, tool

Clytemnestra said...

I guess we are going to have another argument via cell phone Dr. Dentene . . . you are unrealistic in what you want and by your own addmission kind of uninformed too.

But you do not need to be abusive.